Wednesday, June 12, 2019

THE BEAUTIFUL NAME OF JESUS!
(This blog is mainly written with my grandchildren in mind.)

"Jesus, oh, how sweet the name,
Jesus, every day the same,
Jesus, let all saints proclaim,
The precious name of Jesus."

I feel so deeply just what this song says so eloquently Peter said, "There is no other name given among men whereby we must be saved." (Acts) Paul says, "At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow." (Philippians)

I fear the church has lost the power in that name. Many people over the years have been named Jesus, but only one carries the power to make a difference. I have been in Pentecostal churches where they sang for over 30 minutes, maybe 45 minutes, without one time mentioning the name of Jesus! That is reprehensible to me.

We have communion services where the name of Jesus is not mentioned, even though Jesus said to "do this in remembrance of me." Whole sermons and whole services are conducted without any mention of his name.

And yet, only the name of Jesus heals and forgives and saves. Only His name can calm fears and make doubts flee away. No other name can do this, and the absence of His name is a worship of uselessness. Let us all revive the name of Jesus in our hearts, in our speech, and in our worship. It's a beautiful name!

"I love the name of Him whose heart,
Knows all my griefs and bears a part,
Who makes all anxious fears depart,
I love the name of Jesus!"

So many songs about the name of Jesus, so many poems, so many scriptures! If the devil can silence the name, Hell can take a rest, and the world will be thrown into chaos.

"By what power or what name have you done this? Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, ...by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth...this man stands here before you whole." (Acts 1-11)

Had it not been for the name of Jesus, I wouldn't even be alive today. I love the name of Jesus!

"Some may wonder where the beauty lies in that name I love so dear,
Well, it's not just in the way it sounds when it falls on my ear,
And it's not just in the way it looks when it's written beautifully.
But the beauty of that precious name is in the power it gives to me."

"It's so beautiful, the Name of Jesus.
It's so beautiful, that precious name.
When I ask in Jesus' name,
Everything is mine just to claim.
How I love that precious name."

1 comment:

Linda Jo House said...

So true, Bro. Gary. but we who know the power will speak up about both the name and His blood, for both give life, freedom and hope to the world.