Thursday, July 31, 2008

Think big, ask big!

This is what the Lord has been saying to me for the last few days.

He has been reminding me that He is the One Who is able to do exceedingly above what I ask or think (Ephesians 3:20). He reminds me almost daily that I keep Him small in my life by thinking small and asking small. He reminds me that Jairus thought big to go find Jesus and ask Him to come to his house to heal his dying daughter. And he asked big of Jesus to come. But guess what, Jesus said, "I will come." Or we might say, "Let's roll!"

So I have been thinking big and asking big this whole week. The devil doesn't attack, he just gnaws around the edges of my thoughts. Asking big and thinking big is almost like inviting him to gnaw at the edges of my faith. But then again, it is proof that I am on the right track. Sure enough, when Jairus and Jesus were returning to his house, people came to say it was too late, his daughter was dead. Jesus immediately spoke up and said, "Fear not, only believe." So after asking and thinking, when the gnawer (new word) comes, don't get into fear, just keep believing.

Looking closely at Ephesians 3:20, we begin to see that the size of God in our life is directly proportional to how big we think and how big we ask. His "exceedingly above" is hampered by our littleness. Hmmm... Exactly what could He do...?

No comments: